kazztawdal.blogspot.com

these are my Dominion opinions. i'm not the best player in the world but i am always right about everything.

all card images from diehrstraits

i will commonly refer to dominionstrategy.com's articles, because they are the only other site that gives a damn about Dominion

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cellar


I never buy this.

If your deck is somehow built around drawing a bunch of shit you won't use, you may love this card. Otherwise, you're usually taking a gamble; is the card I'm going to discard better than the one that discarding it will allow me to draw? The answer is a solid, emphatic "maybe."

Dominionstrategy says it can be useful in certain cases, such as when you draw four victory cards and a cellar and your draw pile is empty, because it can trigger a reshuffle and leave those cards out of the deck. I agree, and I should add that the Cellar is also useful when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, you can use the Cellar to bring about the Age of Aquarius.

This card was essentially replaced by Warehouse, a card I STILL don't like, because both cards shrink your hand each time you play them. I had a friend who played Warehouse over and over and then he had an empty hand. Granted he was drunk.

I'd rather have Smithy. Smithy is my boyfriend. Nothing can go wrong when Smithy is around.

Rating: 1/5
Useful in rare cases; i.e. you're loaded with Curses and there are no trashing cards and your opponent sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment